Key Account Manager (KAM)- Job Description
A fantastic new opportunity has opened in both our Cape Town and Johannesburg office for a Key Account Managers. If you are passionate about developing and expanding trust relationships as well as understanding customers’ needs and requirements, what are you waiting for…..
i-Pay is a simple, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure,
instant payments directly into a merchant's bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions
via eCommerce, mobile, eBilling and in-store transactions.
What we need from you
We are looking for Key Account Managers to join our i-Pay family. The Key Account Manager is required to oversee the relationships of the company with its most important clients. He/ she will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining long-term key customers by comprehending their requirements. The ideal candidate will be apt in building strong relationships with strategic customers and growing their portfolios accordingly.
What the job entails but you probably know this already….
- Playing an integral role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients.
- Responsible for the development and achievement of sales through the direct sales channel.
- Focusing on growing and developing existing clients, together with generating new business.
- Write business plans for all current and sales opportunity
- You will act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant divisions.
- Acquiring a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements
- Expanding the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives
- Deliver a high standard of relationship management to an existing portfolio of clients.
- Identify needs and requirements with existing clients and when suitable appropriately cross-sell different payment solutions.
- Tailor and develop specific account strategies for each individual client based on requirements and needs.
- Assist in the creation of business development pitches that the new business sales team can use in their daily work. Work with various departments such as Compliance, Operations and IT to ensure that clients are receiving an effective level of service.
The Nitty Gritty Details. So let's get this show on the road…
- Min. 5 to 10 years work experience as a Key Account Manager
- Prepared to Travel
- Ability to put processes and action plan in place so that a team can be built over time
- Track record in designing and executing successful programs
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports
- Good computer and database skills
- Relevant university degree in education
- Works to enhance i-Pay’s reputation e.g. through maximizing sales opportunities
- Makes persuasive high-level presentations
- Good understanding of own culture, own body language and impact on other cultures; perceptive about hidden agendas
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organization levels
- Able to manage to multitask work in a strong-paced environment
- Ability to mentor and supervise staff
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work
- Strengthens team by incorporating specialists e.g. identified through i-Pay People
- Deals with people issues fairly and consistently
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines
- Switches quickly between different levels of thinking to be able to stand back and see the big picture
- Good understanding of the organization
- Ability to keep up to date with new concepts, techniques, tools, and technologies
The Benefits of joining i-Pay is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team whose sole focus is on growth, growing personally as individuals, locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity. By joining i-Pay, you will further be part of weekly, monthly and annual recognition awards.
Come and join in the fun with us! *