Are you a results driven, unstoppable Legal nerd?
If yes, join South Africa’s leading payment gateway provider. We are seeking a Legal Manager to report to our “Superwoman”, Head of Legal.
i-Pay is a simple, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure,
instant payments directly into a merchant's bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions
via eCommerce, mobile, eBilling, and in-store transactions.
What we need from you
i-Pay is a young, exciting company which continues to reach new heights and currently has its sights on global domination. The successful candidate assumes accountability for the drafting, evaluation; processing and administration of new and existing intermediary contracts and related functions all within the agreed communication channels; assists with research, legal drafting, and updates concerning Company compliance in the national payment industry in South Africa and other jurisdictions of strategic interest to i-Pay
What the job entails but you probably know this already….
- Processing intermediary contracts and related requests within the agreed timeframes.
- Identifying issues within the Contracting and related processes and communicate this feedback to the various stakeholders.
- Tracking and concluding any system issues relating to the contractual processes.
- Analyse trends and suggest changes to improve delivery to clients
- Understand and apply Risk Management principals to people, process and systems.
- Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders to get maximum buy-in towards resolution of contracts.
- Continuous feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Defending the Business position; whilst ensuring that the business case prevails.
- Ensuring complete compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- Ability to provide sound and up-to-date feedback on regulatory requirements in various jurisdictions of strategic interest to i-Pay.
The Nitty Gritty Details. So let's get this out the way and get this show on the road…
- Likely to have a varied portfolio
- Committed to own Continuing Professional Development
- Actively develop the Knowledge, Experience, and Skills of others regarding the legal requirements of the business, including those in other areas of the business
- Deals with a complex escalated problem within own area
- Creates new / better operational processes
- Identifies patterns and trends – recommends action
- Provides in-depth analysis of problems and proposes solutions
- Brings others in to contribute to solutions
- Makes time to review projects, to identify and learn from successes and problems
- Fosters the development of new ideas in others
- Seeks out advice from i-Pay People / Skills Networks etc to arrive as high-quality decisions.
- Debriefs and gives feedback sensitively, gives constructive criticism whilst at the same time keeping up the motivation
- Where there is disagreement facilitates discussion to negotiate a way forward
- Works to enhance i-Pay’s reputation e.g. through maximizing PR opportunities
- Makes persuasive high-level presentations internally
- Good understanding of own culture, own body language and impact on other cultures
- Treats everyone with respect irrespective of their level, background or discipline/profession.
- Supports others, even when they have made mistakes
- Identifies and actions training needs (own and others).
- Spots when tasks/projects are going off the rails and intervenes / assists in good time
- Deals with people issues fairly and consistently
- Realistic about own and others’ capabilities
- Switches quickly between different levels of thinking to be able to stand back and see the big picture
- Makes significant changes in own area to meet strategic needs.
- Matric Pass
- LLB Degree
- Minimum of 5 Years’ post articles work experience
- Minimum of 4 Years’ experience in the Financial Services/Payments Industry
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication
- Intellectual curiosity
- Critical Thinking skills are essential
- Strong Business Acumen skills
- Proficient with Ms office with advanced excel skills
- Knowledge of the intermediary industry and applicable legislation
- Knowledge of Compliance practices
The Benefits of joining i-Pay is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team who's sole focus is on growth, growing personally as individuals, locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity. By joining i-Pay, you will further be part of weekly, monthly and annual recognition awards.
Come and join in the fun with us! *