Are you a results-driven, unstoppable Accountaholic?
If yes, join South Africa’s leading payment gateway provider. We are seeking a Financial Manager to report to our CFO “Finance Mastermind”.
i-Pay is a simple, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure,
instant payments directly into a merchant's bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions
via eCommerce, mobile, eBilling, and in-store transactions.
What we need from you
i-Pay is a young, exciting company which continues to reach new heights and currently has its sights on global domination. We are looking for an experienced Financial Manager with a strong background in Accounting within the Fintech industry (Preferred). This permanent role is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a scaling organization that puts finance at the heart of its decision-making processes.
The goal is to manage i-Pay’s finances as i-Pay looks to maximize its profits, reduce its operating costs and make educated decisions in terms of the direction the business needs to take. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator.
What the job entails but you probably know this already….
- Contribute to the strategic management by developing and maintaining strategies that encompass the Finance Department.
- Participate in forward planning and effective daily organization activities, including business planning, policy setting, financial forecasting, and strategic decision making.
- Effective management and control of all capital and revenue budgets.
- Control of the Management and Administration, Finance, Presented and Produced resources and budgets.
- To lead on the financial aspects of any strategic projects aimed at achieving the growth of the organization.
- Have an overview of the activities and budgets for each department to ensure the procedures laid down in the organization’s financial regulations are adhered to.
- Monitor and control the quality and cost-effectiveness of services provided by the department to ensure high standards and value for money.
- Maintain up-to-date records of departmental financial information.
- Effectively manage the performance of the team by carrying out progress reviews and ensuring objectives and key outputs are cascaded throughout the department.
- Communicate effectively with the team on a regular basis ensuring information is clear, accurate and timely; encouraging team participation in the way information is relayed to and from the departments.
- Deliver an excellent service to all the management and customers through the financial management of the organization when required to.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of management accounts, the effective operation, and development of management systems for all accounting functions
- Be responsible for the preparation of appropriate financial reports for all senior executives and shareholders.
- To be fully conversant with new initiatives, new legislation and modern thinking in all matters relating to the financial management of the organization.
- Plan, implement and develop the Finance Team operating procedures.
- Manage and oversee the planning and preparation of financial management documents, including financial plans, budgets, forecasts, and all statutory returns.
- Be aware of, adhere to, and implement any legislative requirements consistent with the overall duties of this post.
- Undergo relevant training and development required by the CFO.
- Carry out any other tasks that will, from time to time be allocated by the CFO on an ad hoc or continuing basis
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Compliance with procurement policy
- Effective debtors and creditors management – minimizing cash conversion cycle
- Effective cost management - Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Tax and VAT Bi-monthly reporting - Ensuring statutory compliance and risk monitoring
- Overseeing external audit process
The Nitty Gritty Details. So, let's get this out the way and get this show on the road…
- Honours Degree in Accounting
- CA (SA)
- Minimum of 3 - 6 years working experience in a senior financial role and similar experience within the Financial Services/Fintech space will be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of current accounting software systems – IFRS and IFRS for SMEs
- Knowledge of management systems for all accounting functions
- Significant experience at senior financial controller level within a large customer driven environment
- Significant experience in direct management and control of a high turnover operation
- Experience of liaising with auditors and business advisers.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Proficient user of finance software such as Xero
- “Go-getter” and “make it happen” mentality
- Ability to operate independently
- Identifies and actions training needs (own and others).
- Ability to liaise effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team-working, conflict management and influencing/negotiating
- Flair for good interpersonal communication
- Good understanding of the organization’s objectives, operations, market environment and ethical issues
- Leading others, managing resources and delegating effectively
- Strong sense of observation
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to set targets, motivate and inspire staff to achieve targets
- Makes persuasive high-level presentations internally
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Written, oral and presentational skills, and communicating effectively with non-finance people
- Likely Taking a critical and methodical approach when problem-solving
- Assessing and facilitating change
- Understanding the sources of risk and evaluating risks and methods for their control and mitigation
- Full understanding of the technical issues and the ability to keep up to date with new accounting rules and regulations
The Benefits of joining i-Pay is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team whose sole focus is on growth, growing personally as individuals, locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity. By joining i-Pay, you will further be part of weekly, monthly and annual recognition awards.
Come and join in the fun with us!