A fantastic new opportunity has opened in our Johannesburg office for an Operations Manager. This role is perfect for an experienced individual who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast-growing company.
i-Pay is a simple, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure,
instant payments directly into a merchant's bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions
via eCommerce, mobile, eBilling, and in-store transactions.
What we need from you
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our i-Pay family. We are a small team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll gain as much accountability as you can handle and have a huge influence on scaling the company. This role is one of the most vital positions in our company. The incumbent will be answerable for all the business operations to the CEO & COO by keeping track of the operations and outputs to ensure that the business goals are met. You will form part of a team to establish expansion plans, define business targets, implement quality standards, communicate with the external public, lead projects, and take some of the key decisions pertaining to business operations.
What the job entails but you probably know this already….
- Participate in setting strategy for Operations and Administration and monitor the progress of its implementation. To serve as a member of the executive team and participate in the development and execution of company strategy.
- Manage the recording and forecasting processes and propose initiatives to reduce costs or to improve efficiency.
- Liaise with top management and assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Provide support on all levels and assist on complex tasks in business development
- All-rounder skill-set is required with a general management focus, with tasks ranging from analytics, finance, operations, technology, risk, and legal.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization.
- Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company.
- Improve processes in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental processes and tools to maximize output. (Automation)
- Facilitate coordination and communication between all functions within the business.
The Nitty Gritty Details aka Experience and Skills. So let’s get this out the way and get this show on the road…
- Ideally, you have 5-8 years of prior experience in a similar role, 3 of which is in the Start-up to Scale-up business phase.
- Degree or senior experience in Operations and/or Project Management will be an added advantage OR You have graduated with an undergraduate degree in Business Management, Economics, Finance, or a related field
- You have a quick learning ability, outstanding analytical skills and a structured way of thinking, your attention to details is exceptional.
- You are open to learning and are interested in understanding and deepening your knowledge of the FinTech industry.
- You approach new topics and challenges independently and proactively
- You come with a strong hands-on mentality with a focus on execution, and high motivation to take an active role in our company.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- You operate well under stress, even faced with tight timelines for ambitious deliverables.
- You need to be able to handle uncertainty well and are able to simplify complexity.
- You thrive in agile environments.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Prepared to Travel
- Track record in designing and executing successful programs
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Makes persuasive high-level presentations
- Good understanding of own culture, own body language and impact on other cultures; perceptive about hidden agendas
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organization levels
- Able to manage multitask work in a strong-paced environment
- Ability to mentor and supervise staff
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in the course of work
- Strengthens team by incorporating specialists e.g. identified through i-Pay People
- Deals with people issues fairly and consistently
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines
- Switches quickly between different levels of thinking to be able to stand back and see the big picture
- Good understanding of the organization
- Ability to keep up to date with new concepts, techniques, tools and technologies
The Benefits of joining i-Pay is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team whose sole focus is growth, growing personally as individuals, locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity. By joining i-Pay, you will further be part of weekly, monthly and annual recognition awards.
Come and join in the fun with us!
Should you not hear from us within six weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.