If you are not a seasoned, cross-platform infrastructure specialist with the scars to prove it, or don’t enjoy learning and working with the bleeding-edge tech – this might not be job for you.
There’s an exciting new job opening at i-Pay for an experienced Platform Manager. Do you have what it takes? Get in touch today!
i-Pay is a young, exciting company which continues to reach new heights and the opportunities for growth are endless. We have a number of new projects we are eager to get off the ground and need your experience and expertise to make it happen.
If you are looking for a fast-paced environment where your input is valued and makes a difference, then embark on a journey of a lifetime with the i-Pay team.
i-Pay is a simple to use, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure,
instant payments directly into a merchant's bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions via eCommerce, mobile, e-Billing and in-store transactions.
What the job entails
- Web Application servers (Windows and Linux)
- Database platforms (MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres, Redis)
- VMWare and HyperV virtualisation, Docker containers, Kubernetes
- Load balancing and service meshes (HAProxy, Traefik, Istio)
- Highly available systems, multi-site hosting
- Replication of code, content and data
- Ensuring QOS with large-scale, internet facing applications
- Good understanding of networking and how the web works
- Cloud services – AWS, Azure
- Management of normal platform operations - platform stability and uptime
- Quality control and first-level response and escalations
Developing and maintaining the strategic direction of the technology platform ensuring that the architecture supports the business strategy and best quality-of-service for our customers.
- Working with development teams in a DevOps environment to deploy application updates frequently with low risk
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science OR at least 5(five) years of work-related experience in a similar role.
- Experience working closely in with a development team and within agile methodologies
- Strong leadership skills
- Big picture thinking and a willingness to get involved
- Ability to work under pressure, quickly and accurately
- Someone who is well organised and has a proven track record in working with high-volume, internet facing applications.
- A thorough understanding of the workings of the internet, web applications, Layer 2 networking, distributed infrastructure and virtualisation (including the large cloud services) is important
- Proven knowledge in solution architecture of distributed systems
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, Redis, MongoDB, MySQL
- Proficient in both Windows and Linux
Knowledge of and competency in applying security best practices, especially in a PCI certified environment.
- Understands the fundamentals of how the web works, and how to architect infrastructure to handle web scale
The Benefits of joining i-Pay is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team with a sole focus on growth - growing personally as individuals, and locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity. By joining i-Pay, you will further be part of weekly, monthly and annual recognition awards.
Come and join in the fun with us!
Should you not hear from us within six weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.